PCC-IV Digital Loop Controller
The PCC-IV Digital Multiple Loop Controller, the upgrade for the PCC-III, is a boiler or multiple loop process controller. The PCC-IV has been designed to seamlessly replace the PCC-III in hardware and software designs, with upgraded technology and increased longevity.
The PCC-IV upgraded digital multiple loop controller is a powerful, expandable process controller that can be function block programmed for a variety of applications. Preferred offers the PCC-IV pre-configured for the following applications.
- Plant master controller
- Plant master controller with 3 boiler lead/lag control
- Boiler master (jackshaft control)
- Boiler master (jackshaft control plus oxygen trim)
- Boiler master (parallel positioning)
- Boiler master (parallel positioning plus oxygen trim)
- Boiler master (full metering combustion control)
- Boiler master (full metering with oxygen trim)
Custom configurations are also available.
- New Features & Benefits
Designed with the intent to seamlessly replace the PCC-III, the PCC-IV upgrade fulfills everything its predecessor did with additions. The most notable PCC-IV features include:
- Dual Modbus Ethernet ports
- USB programming ports
- Larger Blockware memory (new installations)
- Modern processor, large memory
- SD card for easy field firmware upgrades
- New retentive memory doesn’t wear out (40-50 years)
- 100% compatible with any existing OIT, SCADA, BAS systems with NO Modbus changes required
- Upgrading Ease - Quick Steps
- Use PC3_Edit to extract the program from the PCC-III
- Use PC4_Draw To auto convert the PCC-III file to PCC-IV format
- Key in the PB & LED text, and Modbus setup into PC4_Draw/Edit
- Un-plug the field wiring connectors
- Remove the PCC-III Door and CPU board
- Remove any option boards from the PCC-III
- Install the option boards on the PCC-IV board
- Install the new 24Vdc power supply in the panel & run the wire to the PCC-III/PCC-IV case
- Install in the existing case
- Power-up and load PCC-IV Blockware via USB cable
For more detailed upgrade installation instructions, see the Quick Start Guide.