Quanta Flame Series 5002-01NC UV Scanner
The Quanta-Flame Series 5002-01 NC series UV Flame Scanner is intended for monitoring all gas and light oil fired burners. Standard model interfaces with Preferred, Fireye, and Honeywell flame safeguard controllers. -C versions output a contact closure and 4-20 mA signal for interface with PLC and DCS-based flame safeguard systems.
The Quanta-Flame 5002 Flame Scanner is intended for monitoring all gas, oil and coal-fired burners. The control is the basis for industrial or commercial burner management systems using microprocessors, PLC or relay-based hardware. All essential circuits are supervised.
A Flame Status LED and Flame Relay LED provide useful diagnostic information on the front of the scanner.
Flame Status LED: The Flame Status LED (FSL) is a dual color LED that acts as a multi-functional indicator. When a flame is detected the FSL will illuminate with a red color. This light will vary in intensity proportional to the level of flame signal (flame strength) detected.
Flame Relay LED: The Flame Relay LED (FRL) is a single color LED. When a flame of sufficient intensity is detected the 5002 control will activate the output signal. This output may be any one of the possible output forms described above. While the output is activated the FRL will illuminate. Should the flame signal fall below the minimum threshold, or should one of the internal circuits or sensing elements tests fail, the output will deactivate and the FRL will shut off.
- Interfaces with Preferred, Fireye, Honeywell, and PCI Flame Safeguard Controllers
- Internal Microcomputer Controls Internal Functions
- High Quality Fused Silica Quartz Lens
- Machined Alloy Housing With Seals
- Status LEDs
- Output On Indicator
Length Overall: 3.5” (88.9 mm)
Diameter: 2.25” (57.2 mm)
Housing: Machined 5052 Aluminum Alloy
Sight Tube Entrance: 1/2” Pipe Thread
Supply Voltage: 120 VAC 50/60Hz, 24 VDC
Required Power: 2 VA
Output Contact Rating: 230 VAC, 1 amp
Available Outputs: Relay Contact, 4 to 20 mA, Frequency Modulation
Specifications for 4 to 20 mA Output
Span Error: 1%
Supply Required To The Loop: 12 to 30 VDC
Class: NEMA 4
Temperature: (0° F to 140° F).
Lens Material: Fused Silica
Ultraviolet: 180-230 nanometers
UL File Number: E233069
UV Scanner: Flame scanner shall be U.L. recognized. Scanner housing shall be made of rugged anodized aluminum, have two status LEDs, and connect by means of a military-style quick disconnect fitting.
Physical Desciption: Scanner shall be made of high strength anodized aluminum and mount by means of industry standard 1/2” NPTF connection and include:
- 3/8” Purge connection
- 5 Pin military-style quick disconnect cable fitting
Electrical Characteristics: Scanner shall be powered by 120 VAC or 24 VDC input power. A 120/230 VAC relay contact shall prove flame. In addition, a flame intensity signal shall be provided with the following outputs depending on the model:
- 4-20 mA
- 0 to 10 VDC
- Frequency Modulation
Manufacturer: Scanner shall be model 5002-01NC manufactured by Preferred Instruments of Danbury, CT.
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
|5002-01NC Ultraviolet Scanner Cutsheet (Catalog 25)|
|5002-01NC Flame Scanner Wiring|
- 5004-04FS Multifunctional Tester
- Quanta Flame 5004 Panel Display
- Quanta Flame 5004-01 UV Scanner
- Quanta Flame 5004-795 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-890 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-110 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-78 Replacemement Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-85 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame Series 5002-01 Self Checking UV Scanner
- Quanta Max Multiple Burner Flame Input Module
- Quanta-M Universal Tester Kit