Back Pressure Regulating Valves, Model BQ
The Model BQ Back Pressure Regulating Valve is a self-operated spring-loaded back pressure regulating valve.
Back pressure regulating valves are designed to maintain constant supply pressure for generators, boilers, booster pumps, or any other application that requires constant oil pressure.
The valves have three ports--a supply, a discharge, and a return. Oil flow through the return is modulated to maintain constant discharge pressure despite changes in discharge flow. In fact, back pressure regulating valves are commonly installed upstream of shutoff valves. When the downstream valves are shut, the back pressure regulating valve recirculates all of the oil back to the return. This oil circulation loop is often necessary to keep the oil strained, filtered, and warm for use.
Back pressure regulating valves are not to be confused with relief valves. Relief valves are often on/off (not modulating) and can cause pulsation in the discharge line.
- Self Operated, Spring Loaded Back Pressure Regulating Valve
- Cast Iron Body
- Suitable For Use With Fluid Temperature Up To 200° F
The Model BQ Back Pressure Regulating Valve is a self-operated spring-loaded back pressure regulating valve. Typically the Model BQ is installed at the far end of the oil supply line, down stream of the boiler fuel metering valves and passes unburned oil to the return line. Alternately, the Model BQ may be installed upstream of the boiler fuel metering valves. In both cases, the valve passes oil to the return line in order to maintain a constant supply pressure to the fuel metering valves.
The Model BQ is a ½" NPT valve with cast iron body, bronze trim, composition disc and neoprene diaphragm. The diaphragm is suitable for use with fluid temperature up to 200° F. The valve has capacities of 390 GPH for No. 2 or No. 4 oil and 275 GPH for No. 6 oil at a viscosity of 3500 SSU. The Model V Back Pressure Regulating Valve is recommended for higher flow rates.
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
|Back Pressure Regulating Valve - Model BQ Cutsheet (Catalog 25)|
- Anti Syphon Valves
- Back Pressure Regulating Valves, Model V
- Breather Caps
- Double Poppet Foot Valves
- Duplex Oil Strainers
- FlexFill Pump
- Fluimatic System
- Foot Valve Extractor Fitting
- Four Inch Pressure Gauge
- Fusomatic Electric Cut-Off Switch
- Fusomatic Globe / Gate Valves
- Ground Level Spill Containers
- Horizontal Spill Containers
- Multi-Tank Gauge and Leak Detection System
- Oil Lever Gate Valves
- Oil Thermometer
- Overfill Prevention Valves
- Relief Valves
- Simplex Oil Strainers
- Single Poppet Foot Valves
- Storage Tank Monitor Access Manhole
- Tank Name Plates
- Tank Selector Valves
- Tank Vent Bricks
- Two-And-A-Half Inch Pressure Gauge
- Vacuum Breaker Valves
- Vent Protectors
- Watertight Flush Fill Caps
- Watertight Locking Fill Caps
- Fire Safety Gas Shut-off Valves
- Pressure Reducing Valves