Waterproof Light Oil Pump And Motor Assemblies
Designed for applications where fuel oil pumps cannot be installed above normal flood levels due to code or suction lift constraints, Preferred's waterproof pumps are designed to be installed below grade level. These pumps can withstand seawater submersion and continue uninterrupted operation during floods.
- Any facility where equipment is installed at or below historic flood levels and cannot afford to lose electrical power generation.
- Locations with backup power systems situated in areas prone to flooding.
- Hospitals, financial institutions, communication facilities, and data centers.
- Features Include:
- Designed to withstand complete submergence in 40ft of water and continue uninterrupted operation.
- Complete pump and motor assembly installed within submersible enclosure.
- Discriminating type leak sensors installed inside enclosure
- External connections seal welded to enclosure for connection of field piping.
- External connections seal welded to enclosure for electrical connections
- Stainless steel flexible hoses for pump suction and discharge connections.
- Epoxy-enamel painted carbon steel enclosure.
- Flanged access door with gasket.
- Sliding tray for pump removal for maintenance or repair.
- Local non-fusible disconnect installed within the enclosure.
- Suggested Specifications:
Oil pump and motor assemblyshall be factory assembled in an epoxy-enamel coated carbon steel waterproofenclosure with external threaded connections for pump suction and discharge.The base-mounted motor shall be directly connected by a flexible coupling to abi-rotational, internal gear pump, having self-adjusting mechanical seals andcast iron housing. The pump and motor assembly shall be mounted on a slidingsteel base for easy access. Stainless steel flex hoses shall connect pumpsuction and discharge to couplings welded to the pump enclosure. A PreferredHD-A2C discriminating leak detector shall be installed at the low point of thepump enclosure to detect and annunciate the presence of oil or water.Electrical connections shall include sealed conduit and wire pigtails fortermination above expected high water levels. Pump and motor assemblies shallbe Preferred Utilities Manufacturing Corp., Danbury, CT.
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
|Waterproof Pump & Motor Assemblies Cutsheet (Catalog 25)|
|Waterproof Pump Brochure|