Mechanical Engineer of Combustion
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits Offered: Dental, Life, Medical, Retirement, Vision
Compensation: $65,000 to $135,000 per year Estimated pay
Why Work Here?
We are a family owned and operated company in business since 1920, where you can make a difference.
Full Job Description
Preferred Utilities is a manufacturer and supplier of combustion and fuel oil systems with headquarters in Danbury CT. With over a hundred years as a family run business we offer made in the USA products in all areas of combustion and fuel oil systems.
We are seeking a skilled Mechanical Engineer to design and test our burner systems products. You will be working on project applications and in the R&D group to continue to lead the industry in innovation.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the principles of engineering including but not limited to fluid dynamics, structural analysis, thermodynamics, and heat transfer. We are a multidisciplinary engineering company, which will require you to learn other traits in order to execute special projects. Experience in combustion systems and renewable fuels is a plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with project managers in execution of projects.
- Engineer combustion systems for commercial and industrial customers based on applicable codes and standards.
- Size and select components for gaseous and liquid fuels.
- Utilize SolidWorks to create 3D models and fabrication drawings.
- Create P&ID schematics based on customer specifications.
- Generate fabrication BOMs using ERP systems.
- Assist field service engineers in burner startups.
- Improvement of existing manufactured products and manufacturing techniques.
- Work with R&D team on new product development.
- Perform new product testing in R&D combustion lab.
- Some travel for meetings and site visits 10%
- Minimum of BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks (parts, sheet-metal, assemblies, and drawings).
- Some experience with DraftSight, AutoCAD, or similar for 2D drawings of schematics.
- Capable of using hand tools to build and test products.
- Experience with burners and other combustion equipment is a plus.
- Attention to details.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Ability to work efficiently with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Will Train the right Individual.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Quarterly bonus potential
About Preferred Utilities Manufacturing Corp.
With over 100 years of industry history to draw from, Preferred is uniquely positioned to partner with you to reduce your emissions and increase your efficiencies to meet the sustainability targets of the future. Our expertise ranges from fuel oil handling systems and components, boiler instrumentation and controllers, cutting-edge remote monitoring systems, low- and ultra low-NOx burners, renewable and bio-fuel burners, specialty combustion applications like waste fuel, and nuclear power plant outage reduction tools and components.
Think you are a good fit? Apply Now!
1. Prepare a resume and cover letter referencing the job you are applying for.
2. Download and complete the below questionnaire.
3. Email your resume, cover letter, and questionnaire to: Resumes@preferred-mfg.com