The BurnerMate Light is an economical, state-of-the-art microcomputer-based burner management system with built-in first-out annunciation and combustion control designed for a single burner boiler or process heat application.
The BurnerMate Light provides standby, purge, low fire ignition, main fuel light off, and release to modulate sequencing for oil and gas fired burners. Programming of the purge and pilot timing is done by using the eight dipswitches that are located under the display module. These dipswitches are also used to enable the optional proof of trip limits circuit open feature, configure the Modbus settings and to reset the run and cycle timers. The BurnerMate Light accepts UV, UV self-check, infrared, and flame rod inputs in the same self-contained amplifier module.
Up to four fuel-air servos and an FD fan VSD can be controlled using 16 curve points per output. The BurnerMate Light uses the same servos as the BurnerMate Universal controller. Oxygen trim is supported using the Preferred ZP zirconium oxide probe.
File Number E233069
- Flame safeguard with built-in first-out annunciator.
- Parallel positioning combustion control with optional FD fan variable speed drive control and optional oxygen trim.
- Control can be pressure input based for steam boilers, or temperature input based for hot water boilers or process heaters.
- Accepts one or two flame scanner inputs (ultraviolet, self-check ultraviolet, infrared, or flame rod).
- Increase/decrease pushbuttons for each output channel make for quick burner tuning.
- Pilot trial for ignition, main trial for ignition, and purge timing are DIP switch adjustable and burn in after eight hours of operation
- Plug-in wire terminals for ease of installation and trouble-shooting
- Run hours & number of cycles displayed
- RS-485 Modbus Communication
|Mechanical:||13.00H” by 5.00” W by 3.00” D|
|Operating Temperature:||-4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)|
|UV scanners 4°F to +140°F,|
|IR Scanner -22°F to 140°F|
|Electrical:||Voltage: 120 VAC +10% - 15%, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption: 2 VA|
|Flame Failure Response Time:||2.5 to 3.5 seconds|
|Purge Time:||30, 60, 90, 150, 180, 300, 450, or 900 seconds|
|Pilot Trial for Ignition Time:||3, 5, or 10 seconds (dipswitch selectable)|
|Single Flame Sensor Inputs:||UV, IR or FR|
|Dual Flame Sensor Inputs:||UV+IR, UV+FR|
|Compatible Flame Sensors:|
|Model 5004-01||Ultraviolet, non self-checking scanner|
|Model 5004-011||Infrared, non self-checking scanner|
|Model 5002-01NC||Ultraviolet, non self-checking scanner|
|Model 5002-01||Ultraviolet, self-checking scanner|
|Model 5002-11NC||Infrared scanner|
|Oxygen Analyzer:||ZP series|
- Accessory Selection
The BurnerMate Light uses the same servos as the Burnermate Universal, controlled on an RS-485 network. Servo torques of 3, 15, or 37 ft-lbs are available with 0.1 degree accuracy.
The scanner type to be used is selected by a jumper on back of the chassis. Below is a list of compatible scanners for the Quanta-Flame 5004-M-85.
Ultraviolet Model 5004-01C
The UV sensor detects light emitted from the flame within the ultraviolet light spectrum. Includes the basic UV scanner and cable.
Infrared Model 5004-11C
The IR sensor detects light emitted from the flame within the IR light spectrum. Includes the basic IR scanner and cable.
The flame rod works on the principle of flame rectification and senses a small direct current flowing through the flame between the flame rod and the burner ground.
The BurnerMate Light uses the same ZP series zirconium oxide oxygen analyzers as all other Preferred controllers.
Ultraviolet Self-Check Model 5002-01
The UV self-check sensor detects light emitted from the flame within the ultraviolet light spectrum. This sensor is intended for applications where the burner operates continuously (24 hours). The self-check scanner interrupts the UV light from the burner every ten seconds to verify the proper operation of the sensing element and the internal components.
- BurnerMate TS Boiler Control System
- BurnerMate Universal Boiler Control System
- BurnerMate Universal Industrial
- BurnerMate Universal: BMU-Edit
- Chief Dispatcher Boiler Plant Master Control System
- Feedwater Center Control System
- Hawk Replacement System
- SCADA/Flex Distributed Control System
- UtilitySaver Boiler Retrofit Controller