Quanta Flame 5004-M-78 Replacemement Flame Safeguard Controller
The 5004-M-78 Flame Safeguard Replacement Chassis consists of the electronics of the 5004-M-85 flame safeguard controller, designed to mount into an existing Q7800A1005, Q7800B1003, or CB 780 (833-2725) wiring sub base. It is a direct replacement for most RM7800E, RM7800L, and CB780 flame safeguard controllers.
The 5004-M-78 Flame Safeguard Replacement Chassis is specially designed to mount into existing Q7800A1005, Q7800B1003, or CB 780 (833-2725) wiring sub bases. It is a direct replacement for most RM7800E, RM7800L, and CB780 flame safeguard controllers. As with the 5004-M-85, the flame amplifier, through a jumper selection can accept UV, IR, or Flame Rod inputs. Purge timing, PTFI timing, and other control functions are determined by DIP switch selection.
Note: The 5004-M-78 includes, and replaces the programmer, display module, flame amplifier, and purge timer of the existing system.
- Interfaces to Infrared, Ultraviolet, Ultraviolet Self Check or Flame Rod Sensors
- Single or Dual Flame Sensors
- Optional Remote Display (5004-216RN)
Our 5004-M-78 replaces an existing:
- Control chassis
- Display module
- Purge timer
- Flame amplifier
As with the 5004-M-85, the flame amplifier inputs are universal. Purge timing, PTFI timing, and other control functions are determined by DIP switch selection.
Enclosure: 7” L x 5” W x 2” D
Weight: 2 lbs
Operating Temperature: -40° F to +140° F (-40° C to +60° C), UV scanners -20° C to 60° C, IR scanner -30° C to 65° C
Voltage: 120 VAC +10% - 15%, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption: 2 VA
Flame Failure Response Time: 2.5 to 3.5 seconds
Purge Time: 30, 60, 90, 150, 180, 300, 450, or 900 seconds (DIP switch selectable)
Pilot Trial for Ignition Time: 3, 5, or 10 seconds (DIP switch selectable)
Flame Sensor Inputs (2): Infrared, Ultraviolet, Flame Rod
Configuration of the controller is done by setting the DIP switches located under the LCD display.
DIP switch 1 sets the power-up response of the controller.
DIP switches 2 through 4 set the purge timing.
DIP switches 5 and 6 set the desired Pilot Trial for Ignition (PTFI) time.
DIP switch 7 activates the Limits Bypassed check. When DIP switch 7 is ON, the controller waits up to 60 seconds for the Limits Made input to de-energize. After 60 seconds the control will lockout. When DIP switch 7 is OFF, the control will continue into Purge even if the Limits Made input is energized when the Start input is energized.
DIP switch 8 is used for configuring Modbus. During normal operation, DIP Switch 8 MUST be OFF.
Note: After 4 hours of continuous operation, ALL current DIP switch settings will be recorded in non-volatile memory. Subsequent DIP switch changes will be ignored.
Microprocessor Flame Safeguard Controller: Controller shall be U.L. recognized for single burner boiler applications. It shall screw into the existing Honeywell or Cleaver Brooks wiring base. It shall accept inputs from one or two flame detectors without external circuitry. The controller shall be capable of accepting inputs from ultraviolet, infrared, self-checking ultraviolet, and flame rod detectors without changing controller hardware. Purge timing, Pilot Trial for Ignition (PTFI) timing, and other control functions shall be DIP switch selectable.
Flame Safeguard Controller Hardware: Controller and included flame amplifier circuity shall be microprocessor-based and include the following as a minimum:
- Removable LCD display for status information and trouble shooting
- Optional remote display
- Sequence status LEDs on the controller faceplate including Start Limits (green), Fan On (yellow), Pilot (yellow), Main (yellow), Flame Fail (red), Safety Interlock (red), Alarm (red) Power (red), Flame (red), Low Fire (green), High Fire (red), Automatic (yellow)
- Plug-in field wiring terminals
- Test jacks for direct flame intensity measurement (0-5 VDC)
Flame Safeguard Functions: The controller shall cycle the burner from Standby, through Purge, supervised Pilot Trial for Ignition, Main Flame Trial for Ignition and Release to Modulate states. De-energization of pre-ignition interlocks, running interlocks, or loss of flame signal shall result in the safe shutdown of the burner. Additional control functions shall include:
- False flame detection during Standby and Purge modes
- Field selectable check for limits bypassed during startup
- Field selectable Lockout or Recycle on loss of AC power
- Field selectable Purge timing from 30 to 900 seconds (by DIP switch)
- Field selectable Pilot Trial for Ignition (PTFI) timing from 3 to 10 seconds (by DIP switch)
- Field selectable Main Trial for Ignition (MTFI) timing (by powering digital input)
Digital Communication: The flame safeguard controller shall be capable of Modbus RTU communications via RS-485 bus.
Manufacturer: The flame safeguard controller shall be model 5004-M-85 manufactured by Preferred Instruments of Danbury, CT.
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
|5004-M-78 Flame Safeguard Replacement Chassis Cutsheet (Catalog 25)|
|5004-M-78 Replacement Flame Safeguard Controller Manual|
- 5004-04FS Multifunctional Tester
- Quanta Flame 5004 Panel Display
- Quanta Flame 5004-01 UV Scanner
- Quanta Flame 5004-795 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-890 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-110 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-85 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame Series 5002-01 Self Checking UV Scanner
- Quanta Flame Series 5002-01NC UV Scanner
- Quanta Max Multiple Burner Flame Input Module
- Quanta-M Universal Tester Kit