BurnerMate TS Boiler Control System
BurnerMate TS is a custom-programmable boiler control and flame safeguard system that includes one or two DCS-IV loop controllers and a flame safeguard microprocessor communicating via Modbus with a 10” or 15” OIT touch screen. The system provided includes an industrial enclosure with necessary pushbuttons, selector switches, power supplies, terminal blocks; factory wired and tested with other field devices for a complete system. Each system is programmed to the job specific requirements of the project.
Advanced Combustion Control Options:
- Single Point Positioning (Jackshaft) control. Effective control with remote monitoring for smaller boilers
- Parallel Positioning control with Oxygen Trim and Variable Speed Fan Combustion Air Flow Control
- Combined fuel and electrical savings for fast payback
- Fully Metering control with Oxygen Trim and variable speed fan combustion air flow control – superior control for Low NOx burner applications. Essential for simultaneous dual fuel firing, multiple burner boilers and balanced draft applications
- Optional Drum Level, Draft and/or Flue Gas Recirculation Control
Integral Flame Safeguard:
- Independent, industrial-hardened microprocessor
- Automatic single burner, dual fuel, gas or oil firing, sequencing, ignition and flame monitoring protection.
Easy to Order, Stock and Field Upgrade:
- Factory wired and tested control system
Integrated Boiler Management: The BurnerMate TS is a combined combustion control, flame safeguard, and SCADA monitoring and control system. It incorporates Preferred’s high quality DCS-IV Multiple Loop Controller for boiler control functions, an industrial-hardened microprocessor for flame safeguard functions, and a PC -based SCADA workstation for graphical monitoring and operation. BurnerMate TS is a full scope control package that assures safe and efficient control with undivided system integration responsibility.
Flexible & Expandable: A second, optional DCS-IV Multiple Loop Controller can be supplied to provide draft and drum level control loops and balance of plant monitoring with up to 15 analog inputs, 6 analog outputs, 5 triac pair outputs, 6 relay outputs, 13 digital 120 VAC inputs or combinations of these. BurnerMate TS is designed to be monitored and controlled by the optional SCADA/Flex Distributed Control System.
Easy to Operate: BurnerMate TS with its large, industrial-grade color touch screens provides an intuitive, easy-to-use control system that displays current boiler status, alarms, and historical logging. The system is password-protected for security. Historical trending is standard. An optional flash card allows historical data to be exported to MS Excel. Scalable objects enable accurate process displays. X/Y plots are provided for intuitive Fuel/Air Curves display and commissioning. The NEMA 4X front panel eliminates the need for protective viewing doors. Easy-to-use OIT_Edit® configuration software can be used to customize graphic pages.
Integral Oxygen Analyzer: The ZP Oxygen Probe is directly connected to the DCS-III controller (eliminating the need for a field mounted transmitter), which simplifies installation. The Model ZP with DCS-III-Zxxx is a full function analyzer which includes specific analyzer diagnostic codes for rapid trouble shooting and continuous cell impedance checking for cell health prediction.
Easy Commissioning: Using “Learn Mode” – F(x) characterizer curves are set by manually positioning fuel and air for safe and reliable operation and optimum Oxygen level and then pressing the “STORE” button. Air and oxygen setpoint curves are simultaneously setup. The process can be repeated for a maximum of 11 load points. Independent curves for each fuel are automatically selected.
Remote Control and Monitoring: The optional SCADA/Flex Distributed Control System provides remote operation, graphic display of information, alarm message displays, alarm printing, and remote boiler tuning capabilities. The system is networked to the boiler control and Flame Safeguard Systems.
- Advanced Communication- 10 Base T/100 Base TX Ethernet
- One RS-485, Second Optional
- Two RS-232 Ports
- Remote Web Access
- Isolated, Simultaneous Modbus Master and Slave
- Real Time & Historical Trending Standard, optional Flash Card allows historical data to be exported to Microsoft Excel
- Scalable objects enables accurate process displays
- X/Y Plots, for intuitive Fuel/Air Curves display and commissioning
- NEMA 4X Front Panel eliminates the need for protective viewing doors
- Easy To Use OIT_Edit® Configuration Software
- Integration with DCS-IV Controllers enables intuitive commissioning without the use of Laptops or PCC-III Controller Faceplate
- BurnerMate TS Systems may be commissioned without the need for blockware training or laptops