Feedwater Center Control System
Boiler feedwater control systems are often the most archaic controls in the steam plant. Poor boiler waterside control contributes to scaling, corrosion, and eventually hot spots and tube failures. The Preferred Feedwater Center can control the surge tank, Deaerator (DA) tank, transfer pumps, and feedwater pumps (on-off or VSD) to improve water quality and feedwater system reliability.
Better Feedwater Delivery Control
- “Smart” Pump Sequencing
- Pump Speed demand based Start-Stop
- Header Pressure based Start-Stop
- Lead-Lag Sequence
- Field Adjustable Parameters
Easy to Use
- “Overview”, “Alarm”, “Historical Trend” and “Setup” displays enable informed initial setup and process assessment.
- In a single NEMA 4 wall-mounted enclosure, the Feedwater Center integrates a modem for off-site monitoring, RS485 Modbus communications and 24 VDC power supplies.
- Optional 10” Operator Interface Touchscreen (OIT) provides graphical overviews as well as Ethernet communication to BAS systems.
Easy to Order, Stock and Field Upgrade
- Complete system is ordered using a single part number
- “Plug In” option boards can be used to upgrade a system in the field.
Smart Pump Sequencing: In “headered mode,” pumps are automatically sequenced on/off to ensure that the number of pumps in service meets the demand. If any pump fails to start when called, the Feedwater Center immediately starts another pump to replace the faulted pump. The operator may manually select the lead pump or allow the lead pump to rotate automatically. Additionally, the total number of pumps in service may be set automatically or manually as selected by the operator or all pumps may be shutdown by a building automation system (BAS) ‘enable/disable’ contact input.
Easy Installation & Setup: The Feedwater Center integrates Modbus communications, relays, 24 VDC power supplies, and outdoor reset functions into a single wall mountable controller. Simple menu-style fill-in-the-blanks setup displays minimize commissioning and training time.
LCD Graphic Display: LCD graphic display brings plant overviews, outdoor reset, alarms and event status and setup displays right to the operator’s touch.
Alarms & Event Summary: Up to 200 alarms, system events and operator actions are listed in “first in first out” order with a time/date stamp. Alarms include system fault, pump failure and both over and under temperature conditions.
- “Overview”, “Alarm”, “Historical Trend” and “Setup” displays enable informed initial setup and process assessment
- In a single NEMA 4 wall-mounted enclosure, the Feedwater Center integrates a modem for off-site monitoring, RS485 Modbus communications and 24 VDC power supplies
- Optional 10” Operator Interface Touchscreen (OIT) provides graphical overviews as well as Ethernet communication to BAS systems
Hard Manual Backup: Hardwired control switches and dials provide simple manual control for easy troubleshooting and service. Each pump has an individual speed demand bar graph, a manual speed demand output knob, and an Auto/Manual switch.
Modbus Communication Interface: A factory configured RS485 MODBUS interface is available for building automation or SCADA system monitoring and control.
Optional Features: The Feedwater Center has many features that can be added or removed according to your needs. This controller was designed to accommodate the needs of any 1-4 pump system. It is able to run with a surge and a deaerator tank (or one of each, or none). It accommodates 0-3 transfer pumps and 0-4 feed water pumps. The JC-FWC-FC can be used in headered pump applications as well as individual feed water pumps to each boiler. The JC-FWC-FC can have all of these following sensors;
Condensate Return Line
Make Up Water
1 DA Tank
1 Surge Tank
Make Up Water Flow
Condensate Return Flow
As well as controlling the speeds of up to three transfer pumps and four boiler feed pumps. The Feedwater Center controls a number of valves in order to maintain levels/pressures/flow rates within the system.
The following valves can be maintained:
DA Level Valve
DA PSI Control Valve
Surge Tank Make Up Water Valve
Chemical Feed Pump Valve
This system is easily configured by using the menu driven initial set-up screens. No programming knowledge is required.
The Preferred Feedwater Center is designed to control the surge tank, Deaerator (DA) tank, transfer pumps, and feedwater pumps (on-off or VSD) to improve water quality and feedwater system reliability.