3-Element Drum Level Controller
The JC-43D2 3-Element Drum Level Controller maintains a boilers drum level at setpoint by modulating a 4-20 mA control output with a user selectable 1-element, 2-element, or 3-element PID loop.
The JC-43D2 can be configured for an alternate offline setpoint mode to account for sink and swell in the boiler drum as the boiler transitions between online and offline. A user-configured warmup and cooldown delay keeps the PID from modulating until the boiler is making steam, and also allows the control valve to continue modulation for a time period after the boiler is shutdown.
The JC-43D2 can be wired to interface with the burner control to shutdown the burner in the case of a low drum level or high steam pressure condition in addition to external level and pressure switches.
- Overview and Features
- 3-Element PID Drum Level Control
- Low Steam Flow and Low Feedwater Flow Fallback to 1-Element Control
- 11-Point User-Configured Steam Flow Feedforward Curve for 2-Element Control
- High And Low Drum Level Alarms
- High and Low Steam Pressure Alarms
- Low Drum Level and High Drum Pressure Shutdown
- Steam Pressure Compensation for Drum Level and Steam Flow Inputs
- Level Transmitter Failure Monitoring and Alarm
- Periodic Water Column Blowdown Reminder
- 60-Point Time/Date-Stamped Blowdown Maintenance History
- Alternate Offline Setpoint for Sink/Swell Compensation
- Warmup and Cooldown Delays before Enabling/Disabling PID Control
- Steam Flow and Feedwater Flow Totalizers
The JC-43D2 is perfect for retrofits and can be programmed for modulating 1-, 2-, or 3-element drum level control, or for more simple ON/OFF control for solenoid valve or feedwater pump applications.
- Power Supply: 120VAC +/-15%, 50/60 Hz, 26 VA
- Case Size: 3 1/2 w x 7 9/16 h x 4 7/8 d
- Enclosure Type: NEMA 12 Faceplate, Flush Mounting
- Ambient Temperature: 32°-131° F (0°-55° C) Ambient
- Digital: Color Touchscreen 4" High, 0.5% Resolution Bar Graph
- Analog Inputs: (4) 4-20 mA: Drum Level, Steam Flow, Feedwater Flow, Drum Pressure
- Discrete Inputs: (2) 120VAC: Burner Running Input, Blowdown Bypass PB
- Relay Outputs: Two SPDT Relays, Two SPST Relays 10 A Resistive, 8 FLA, ½ HP, 120 VAC: Common Alarm, Burner Shutdown, ON/OFF Control Output
- Analog Outputs: (2) 4-20 mA, 650 Ohm Load Max: Control Output; Drum Level, Steam Flow, or Feedwater Flow Retransmit
- Network Output: 4800-57600 Baud RS485 Modbus RTU, Ethernet TCP/IP