Quanta Flame 5004-01 UV Scanner
The 5004-01-scanner is an ultraviolet (UV) sensor for monitoring gas or oil flames.
UV scanners are recommended for detecting flames from standard fuel gases, some waste gases and light oil fuels such as No. 2 oil. Flames from heavier oils can be detected with UV scanners but the unburned fuel shroud and/or atomization shroud can block passage of the UV from the flame zone to the UV tube, causing nuisance burner/boiler trips. Infrared detection is recommended for fuel oil heavier than No. 2, and some installations where waste gases are burned together with natural gas as a main flame.
The 5004-01-scanner is an ultraviolet (UV) sensor for monitoring gas or oil flames. The Quanta-Flame flame safeguard checks the scanner for proper operation at the beginning and end of each flame cycle. It
comes with a 6 foot shielded flexible cable with a military style connector, which plugs into the scanner base for quick and easy servicing. The UV tube is made of quartz and is filled with a gas that ionizes when struck by UV radiation from the flame. In the absence of UV radiation, the gas acts as an insulator between two electrodes, which are mounted inside the tube. A high voltage energizes these electrodes continuously. During combustion, UV radiation ionizes the gas, causing current pulses to flow between the electrodes. These current pulses result in a flame signal, which is transmitted to the amplifier in the control, where it is processed to energize or hold in the flame relay.
Operating Voltage: 300 VDC ±25 VDC
Operating Current: 2 mA Max
Sensitivity: 120 CPS
Background Noise: < 20 CPM
Supply Wiring: 122 cm (6 ft.) shielded instrument cable with two #18 AWG conductors
Max Operating Distance: 200 feet total wire length
Ambient Temperature: –40° to +100°C (–40° to 212°F) (5004-01) -20° to +60°C (0° to 140°F) (5004-01 RA)
Shipping Weight: 3 lbs
Spectral Range: 180 to 250 nanometers
Note: A qualified technician must only perform any installation of this or other burner control devices. Incorrect installation can result faulty signal indications.
DOCUMENTS & DOWNLOADS
|5004-01 Instruction Manual|
- 5004-04FS Multifunctional Tester
- Quanta Flame 5004 Panel Display
- Quanta Flame 5004-795 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-890 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-110 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-78 Replacemement Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame 5004-M-85 Flame Safeguard Controller
- Quanta Flame Series 5002-01 Self Checking UV Scanner
- Quanta Flame Series 5002-01NC UV Scanner
- Quanta Max Multiple Burner Flame Input Module
- Quanta-M Universal Tester Kit