- Home »
- Resources »
- Tools »
- Answers to common technical questions, including troubleshooting steps and documentation." href="resources/tools/kbase.html">Knowledge Base »
Product IdentificationFILED UNDER: ATPS, BMU, Chief Dispatcher, Hawk Replacement Panel, OIT, PCC-3, PCC-II, PI Panel, PI PWC, PU Panel, PU PLC Panel, PU PWC, PWC, PWC Pump Set, TGEL-D5, Utility Saver
One of the best ways to improve the time it takes to get your issue resolve by technical support is to have the proper product identification ready when you first call in. The product identification that are most useful are Sales Order, Model Number and Serial Number.
Steps to Troubleshoot
PWC Plant Wide Controller
The Plant Wide Controller (PWC) is used on a number of different applications at Preferred Utilities from our Chief Dispatcher to our feed water center to our ATPS Pump Sets and D5 Tank Gauges. All of our PWC’s ship out with a sticker that has the Sales Order, Model Number and Serial Number.
To Find the Serial Number Tag on a PWC Pump Set
- Open the cabinet door. Look in the upper right hand side of the inside of the cabinet for the Serial Number Tag. Read the tag for the Sales Order, Model Number and Serial Numbers of the unit.
- The same directions apply for getting the serial number off of the NEMA 4 Feed Water Center.
- To get the serial number tag off of Chief Dispatchers and D5 Tank Gauges just simply look through the window to the right and you’ll see the serial number tag with all the respective info.
PCC-III Multiple Loop Controller
The Serial Number Tag for the PCC-III is located on the side of the controller. Once you have opened the cabinet doors you can read the info needed off the respective PCC-III.
D3 Tank Gauge
The Serial Number Tag for the D3 Tank Gauge is located on the front door of the controller (Show Fig. 14). Once you have serial number we can easily track the Sales Order and the tank data sheet.
Finding the Serial Number for the can be done through the LCD Screen and keypad on the BMU. (Show Fig.15)
- On the keypad of the BMU LCD Screen to access the main menu, press the ▲ Up and ▼ Down arrows together.
- Scroll down until blinking cursor is next to Utilities then press Enter.
- When the blinking cursor is next to Date Time S/N press Enter.
- Now the display will show Date, Time and Serial Number of the BMU.
OIT Touch Screen
The Serial Number Tag for the OIT Touch Screen is located on the of the touch screen.
Custom Preferred Utilities Panels
The Serial Number Tag for custom Preferred Utilities Panels are typically located on the inside of the cabinet door but sometimes on the sub-plate. The red metal tag has a long hand stamped serial number.
Custom Preferred Instruments Panels
The Serial Number Tag for custom Preferred Instruments Panels are typically located on the inside of the cabinet door but sometimes on the sub-plate. The red metal tag has a hand stamped reference and serial number.