Interested in joining the family?
At Preferred, we are always hiring. That means we are always looking for individuals who can add value to the team even if there is no position currently available. Like all businesses, we have realities toward positions that are needed, and how much we can invest in new ideas, but we maintain an open mind to candidates who can add value. Our mission statement reads, “Preferred exists to continually build our specialized engineering capabilities in combustion, fuel handling, and nuclear outage support and use those capabilities to provide our customers with products that exemplify intelligence, quality, and innovation.” If you feel you can add to this mission, we encourage you to start the process. You should know that our turnover is regularly under 5%, and for those who stay with us more than 2 years that number drops to ~1%. If you make it through the highly selective hiring process, and through initial training time, expect to stay here for your career. Our longest employed team member has been here for over 52 years!
What are we looking for?
Our perfect candidate is one who:
- Is driven by a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Is motivated by a strong personal moral and ethical code
- Is comfortable with conservative and traditional values
- Is committed to a long-term work relationship
- Understands they must add more value than they take out of the company
- Is humble, respectful, and respectable
- Looks, acts, and is professional
- Is trainable and capable
Think you are a good fit? Apply Now!
- Computer Science
- System Sales
- Pipe Fitters
- Customer Service